Monday, October 24, 2011

NOPI Give Me the 1st Dance



outside shade
Let me just start by saying that no I am not a Bieber fan.  I'm too old for that.  I do love this polish though.  Nicole by OPI Give Me the 1st Dance is a silver metallic/foil.  I'm really bad with finishes.  This is two super easy coats.  Don't think I'm a fan of the perfect stroke brush.  I would imagine it would be really hard to use if you had small nails.  Mine aren't particularly small and this brush fills my pinkie nail up.

Here in Phoenix, I don't have access to the cool pumpkin or snowman nail polishes they sell at Rite Aid.  My mom loves me though and brought back a few pumpkin polishes from a recent trip back east.  I decided to layer the orange and black string (bar?) glitter over my silver.  The glitter took a little work but I must say the end result made me very happy.  This is 3 coats of glitter, a coat of gelous and a topcoat.  There was a lot of stuff on my nails for this one, but the result is a cute, simple Halloween manicure.  
outside sun

outside shade (sorry it's so red.  I was wearing my favorite Dbacks shirt and the red is reflecting back)

outside sun
 Do you love or hate NOPI?  I don't mind it.  I know a lot of people really dislike the bottles.

Have a happy day!
Sara

PS* If anyone has a dying need to send me some snowman polishes, feel free :)  Just kidding but I do really wish we had a Rite Aid around here.









2 comments: