Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sassy Lacquer Pick a Pumpkin


Sun
Hi lovlies!  Today I have a polish that I am super excited about.  Sassy Lacquer is an indie brand created by Carrie from the blog Reflections, Sassy Nails and Silly Diversions.  Carrie released her first collection this past April and has been going strong ever since.  She has new collections out every few months or when the inspiration strikes her.  All the polishes are made by hand in Florida and are 3 free.

Shade
Today's polish is from her new fall/Halloween collection.  This is Pick a Pumpkin.  Basically it is a pumpkin in a bottle.  This just screams fall to me, which living in Phoenix might be as close as I get.  Pick a Pumpkin is a clear base with micro brass and yellow glitters, small orange and green glitters, and small orange matte glitter.  Since it has a clear base I layered it over a darker color.  To give it more of a fall feel I used Color Club Rebel Spirit, a dark brown, on three fingers and Color Club With Abandon on my ring finger.  I used With Abandon to see if the sparkle in it made any difference in Pick a Pumpkin.  It really didn't, maybe just a touch more shimmer showing.  I used one and a half coats of Pick a Pumpkin.  I wanted just a hair more glitter than one coat gave but didn't want to over do it.

Sun
Shade
Sun
I know it's a lot of pictures but I just couldn't pick my favorite.  You can purchase Sassy Lacquer here and find it on facebook here.  Carrie also does custom orders, so if you have something in mind drop her an email at sassylacquer@gmail.com.  I'll have a review of one of her winter polishes in just a few weeks.  It's amazing and I can't wait to share it with you.  Go check out Sassy Lacquer and tell her I said hi!

Sara

*Pick a Pumpkin was sent to me by Sassy Lacquer for review.  My review is my honest opinion of the product*

14 comments:

  1. I just love the colors in this! It reminds me of DH's and my favorite pumpkin patch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I opened the package and immediately thought pumpkin even before I knew the name.

      Delete
  2. I've had my eye on this color for awhile - it's so pretty and just perfect for Fall/Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great Halloween color. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome! I love the way the orange and green glitters look against the black. Adding this to my wishlist for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome!! Really like a pumpkin!!! Makes me really ready for fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm ready for what little fall we'll get around here.

      Delete
  5. Wow, so much love for my polish ladies! Thanks! Thanks Sara for the great review! Looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for pumpkin anything! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete