Friday, February 8, 2013

I'm a Twisted Tart


Ok so I'm not really a twisted tart but my nails are.  Today's mani is Finger Paints Twisted over Zoya Tart.  I have a little confession about the FP.  It's been sitting in my untrieds drawer for over a year.  My sisters gave it to me for Christmas right when it came out and then it just sat there.  I considered selling it a few times when the price was a bit out of control but I just couldn't.  I finally decided it was time to wear it so what you see here today is two coats of Twisted over two coats of Tart.  Twisted is a rainbow flakie polish that went on a little sparse, so it definitely needed two coats.  Tart is the perfect 4th of July blue and was opaque in two coats.



It was overcast the morning I took these pictures so I don't have a sun shot but honestly I think it shows the flakie better like this.  Are you a fan of flakies?  I still can't decide if I love them or am indifferent to them.  Maybe I just haven't found the right color combo.  I own four of the Finger Paints flakies, Nubar 2010 and CN Clairvoyant.  Do you have any layering combos that you've loved that you'd recommend I try out?

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Sara

1 comment:

  1. I love flakies and I really like how this one looks over that blue! It's so fun to experiment with different base colors.

    ReplyDelete