Thursday, June 27, 2013

China Glaze Pool Party

china glaze pool party

Hello!  Today I have a bright, in your face polish for you.  I love neons and super bright polishes.  Summer collections are usually my favorite.  Although you'll find me in bright polishes all year round.  That may have to do with living in the Phoenix area though.  It's always so freakin sunny here.  Anyway, today I have China Glaze Pool Party, a super bright pink that pulls a little orangey red on me.  It's a neon so it took three coats to even out but I knew going in that neons are a pain in the butt.  I'm still not convinced that texture polishes are for me but I do own a few because I thought they'd be perfect for using with stencils to do simple designs.  My accent nail was done using a stencil from a Kiss Nail Art kit and Zoya Liberty.  I did not put topcoat over Liberty so the design was raised on my nail.


Overall I'm very pleased with this mani.  I will definitely be using more of my textures to do designs with my stencils.  Are you a fan of neons?  My all time favorite neon is China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise.  It's on my toes right now.

Until next time my lovely readers...

Sara

*I bought this polish myself when I was supposed to be polish shopping for a secret swap I'm doing.  I snuck this in at the register.  Totally worth it!*

6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and I love how simple the accent nail is. Right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I'm a fan of neons but I don't own much, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little accent, it's classy and perfect. I'm not a huge fan of neons but something about this year's ChG collection has me all excited about them. I can't explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how bold and vibrant this shade is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this one. I also bought the China Glaze "Pool Party" but I only used it once. I couldn't find a top coat to make it as shiny as yours. It always came out dull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Here's a link to the topcoat I use. It's amazing! Super shiny and dries crazy fast.
      http://glistenandglow.bigcartel.com/product/hk-girl-fast-drying-super-shiny-top-coat

      Delete